Monday, April 23, 2012

Week 5 Weigh and Measure

Alright folks, so today is officially my Weigh and Measure for week 5. That means that I am (drum roll please) actually over the half way point of my 9 week program. I have to admit that it has been kind of hard keeping up with my full routine b/c there have been a lot of personal and professional issues the last couple of weeks. But, I am still staying strong. I have, NOT ONCE, skipped my running workouts and it is all paying off. Most of the time it pays off more on the measuring tape than on the scale, lol, but that just means that I am steadily gaining muscle mass and the fat IS shedding, it just is a little hard for the scale to catch it because the muscle weighs more than the fat.

Each week I dread the scale and each week I am pleasantly surprised. There was only one week where I had a really hard time looking at the results. Another thing that I have done is I made sure when I started all this in January that I took pictures. So this past week I took pictures again and was able to compare them side by side. Let me just say WOW! I am still not happy with where I am at physically, but I am super happy with how far I have come and the differences my body has been able to achieve. My hard work shows and that makes me happy. I honestly must have been in such denial because I truly never believed that I was as heavy as the side by side pictures proved. Close friends (and only a few of them) have seen these pictures and they can attest to how much of a difference there is in me. I am definitely not in a place where I can share those with you now (I have only just been able to admit to myself that I looked that bad), but when I am through with this journey I plan on posting my before and afters so that you can all see what hard work can do for you.

I Am Worth every drop of sweat and sore muscle. I was doing my daughters hair yesterday and she told me that I was getting skinny and looking pretty. She is 7, I know that she knows I am working out but it was wonderful for her to say that she actually saw a difference in me. I am so excited that I am giving them a healthier Mommy, one who will be around to make their lives miserable and amazing for many many years to come.

This week my results were great! I lost another pound, and I lost 6 inches overall! I am seeing muscles form that have been lost for years behind mountains of jiggle. I get so excited every time I see a new chisel or line starting to form. It is reaffirmation that my work is paying off.

TTFN!

Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Keep ip the good work.. I saw your pics and there is truly a difference. I am very proud of you. What did I tell you at the beginning of this journey that you would do it and you would succeed. Love ya xo

    ReplyDelete